Scholarship Value $500
Number of Scholarships 6
The Alberta Association of Agricultural Societies has partnered with Calgary Stampede and Northlands Park to offer awards that will be given to outstanding post-secondary students.
1. The applicant must be enrolled in a minimum two year program at an Alberta post-secondary institution.
2. The applicant must be nominated by their local Agricultural Society.
3. The nominating Agricultural Society must be in good standing with Alberta Association of Agricultural Societies (AAAS), meaning the current year's membership fees are paid and they have no outstanding payments to AAAS.
4. The applicant or their parent (s) or guardian must be a member of the nominating Agricultural Society.
5. The applicant must be a volunteer within their community and Agricultural Society.
6. Part-time students are eligible for this scholarship but the funds will not be paid prior to the completion of the full first year courses of the program.
7. A 500 word Essay is required on the applicants future plans for contributing as a volunteer within their community.
8. A 200 word Essay is required outlining why the AAAS scholarship is deserved or how does your community benefit from your local Agricultural Society.
9. It is the intention of AAAS to award (SIX) $500.00 scholarships per year for three General Scholarships and three Agricultural Scholarships. If six suitable recipients are not found in any given year the scholarship (s) all six may not be awarded.
10. The scholarship will be paid to the applicant upon successful completion of the first application year. Transcript is required.
11. An Agricultural Society can nominate more than one applicant.