Scholarship Value $3,000
Number of Scholarships 6
Founded 1999,The Hec Gervais Academic & Curling Scholarship fund was put in place to honour Hec Gervais, and his accomplishments in the sport of curling, his community, his country, and throughout the curling world. Hec believed in a strong education, competitiveness, and community leadership. This fund has been established to reflect these values.
Why is there a Scholarship Foundation?
The Foundation provides young curlers with the financial opportunity to further expand and refine their curling abilities and accomplishments. This fund is made possible through the cooperation of all the governing curling bodies in the Province of Alberta and friends of curlers everywhere.
Who is eligible to apply?
Curlers who are a member in good standing with any of the 3 curling districts in the province of Alberta and 20 years of age or under as of December 31 in the year of application may apply for the scholarsips. Curlers who are attending high school or post-secondary education are encouraged to apply. For more specific information refer to the Selection Criteria
How do I apply?
In order to apply, you must complete all sections of the application form and submit it online, including transcript of marks and a maximum of 3 references.
When do the applications have to be sent in?
Applications must be received no later than May 31. Please complete the online application form, attaching references and transcript, then click on the submit button at the bottom of the page. You will receive confirmation that your application has been submitted successfully.
When are the recipients chosen?
The Hec Gervais Academic & Curling Scholarship winners will be chosen by the Board of Directors in June of each year.
Who do I contact for any additional information? email@example.com
Hec Gervais Academic & Curling Scholarship Foundation Criteria:
- Must have competed in Junior Men or Women, ICS, Juvenile, High School, Winter Games, or Mixed competitions.
- Must have illustrated above average interest, skill, dedication, and sportsmanship to, and promotion of curling.
- Recipients must be actively curling the same year that they win the award.
- Must be a member in good standing with Curling Alberta.
- Must be age 20 or less as of December 31 in the year of application.
- Must be striving to achieve gainful life skills consistent with the sportsmanship and philosophy of the curling fraternity.
- Must be a valued contributing member of a curling club, school and/or community.
- Application forms need to be submitted no later than May 31st. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- The number of awards and value of each will be determined by the Hec Gervais Academic and Curling Scholarship Foundation Board of Directors.